Opening Hours: 10am – 4pm, Wednesday – Sunday, (Closed Monday & Tuesday), first April to last Sunday in September.
Prices: £5.50 per Adult, £4.50 per Concessions, £3.50 per child & £14.00 Family, Season Tickets also available.
Payment Methods: Cash, Visa and all major credit cards including contact less.
Facilities: include Café & Plant Sales (without garden entrance), Exhibition and free parking.
What to See & Do:
- RHS Partner Walled Garden designed on Themes of Art & Science
- Garden Cafe (sit-in or take-away)
- Plant Sales
- National Collection of Narcissus (Backhouse cvs.)
- Longest Interrupted Rose Archway in Scotland
- Exhibition & Education Centre
- Bear Walk – for the young at heart
- Queens Walk (rhododendrons in season)
- Wild Walk (Trilliums & cardiocrinum giganteums)
- 9 hole Putting
- Covenanter’s Tomb
How to get to Backhouse Rossie:
By Car: Sat Nav Postcode: KY15 7UZ just off A91 between Collessie & Auchtermuchty – look out for our sign:
- Dunfermline: A 30 minutes journey north, take the M90, then Junction 8 for the A91 exit for St Andrews.
- Dundee: A 30 minutes journey south, using A92 and then 3rd exit at the Melville Rbt A91 towards Auchtermuchty.
- Perth: A 30 minutes journey, east using the M90, then Junction 9 for the A912 then the A91 towards St Andrews.
- From St Andrews: A 30 minutes journey west, using the A91 to Cupar & Auchtermuchty.
By train: nearest train station is Ladybank (LDY) train station.
- Please find the train timetables here: www.scotrail.co.uk/plan-your-journey/timetables-and-routes
By cycle: On Designated Cycle Path
- We are cycle friendly and have a designated place for you to park during your visit us.
- See Cycle Path: https://www.fifedirect.org.uk/topics/index.cfm?fuseaction=page.display&p2sid=2B9D2BE1-048D-4E15-CE85F3BCCD41682E
By bus – ask for Rossie Elm stop on the A91:
- The 94 and 94A buses pass the top of the Estate:
- From St Andrews: from the bus station catch the 94 or 94A.
- From Dundee: from the city centre, catch the X42 or the X54 to Ladybank.
- From Dunfermline: use the X24 and the 94A
- From Perth: catch the M8 to Dundee, then the X42 or the X54 to Ladybank.
- From Edinburgh: From the city centre, catch the X54 to Ladybank
- You can find the bus timetables at: www.stagecoachbus.com/timetables
Turn off A91 Here
EV Charging Point
Backhouse Cafe Free WiFi
Please click the button below if you are looking to book and are the organiser of an accredited group of over 8 members.
Quaker Garden Trail ‘TQGT’
As founders of The Quaker Garden Trail, we welcome you to Fife, second sunniest county in Scotland and the northern location of TQGT.
Please find out about our Quaker heritage during your visit in The Backhouse Heritage & Education Centre and Heritage Garden project.
For information on all TQGT properties throughout the UK and Ireland please see the website www.quakergardentrail.co.uk
Usual entry charges, garden/property protocols and open times apply.