We have a host of seasonal events happening during our open season
- Spring interest – Backhouse Heritage Daffodils, large selection of heritage daffodils, bulbs and woodland walk, water feature, grass labyrinth and Scree & Rock Garden.
- Summer interest – scented roses, herb potager, herbaceous borders, ferns, heathers, glasshouse, water feature grass labyrinth alliums.
- Autumn interest – fruit harvest, nerines, late herbaceous plants, heathers, ferns water feature grass labyrinth.
- Winter interest – see our champion trees and autumn colour woodland walk.
Events by month
Every month there is an edible plant featured in the café and a seasonal dish/drink on the blackboard.
- National Daffodil Collection – MUST see we open 1st April
- Scotland’s Daffodil Festival 2018 14th & 15th April 10am-4pm
- Find out more about the Quaker Backhouse botanists and the family daffodil raisers in the Backhouse Rossie Heritage and Education Centre.
- Woodlandwalk to ruined Covenanter’s tomb, Walled Garden, National Collection of Narcissus (Daffodils) Backhouse cultivars
- Family Activities
- Putting on the lawn
- Bear Walk
- Get Tickets